Sunday, June 27, 2010

Tool # 11

Yeah, I made it! I can't believe how much I've actually learned over the past several days. I will definitely spend the rest of the summer going over the different websites and tools so I can hit the ground running when the new school year starts.



I know that the internet is an exciting world for students (and adults) so it's good that we are reminded to give our students lessons about being good Digital Citizens.



I will make sure that they focus on these ideas:



1. Not everything you see on the internet is true. Work closely with your parents and ask lots of questions.

2. Be careful with what information you put on the internet. You should never talk or chat with anyone you don't know and don't give out any information about where you live, how old you are or your birthday, or when your parents are not at home.

3. Only go to websites that your parents approve of. I will be working with the parents of my students who have computers to give them some of the free online-tools that will help them set limits for their children.



It seems you can't start these lessons early enough. Even though my students are in Pre-K it seems several of them know more about getting around on the computer than me!

1 comment:

  1. Very true!!!! We need to teach our students to be good digital students...since we have the young ones, this can be a habit from the very beginning of thier "digital careers"!

    ReplyDelete