Sunday, June 27, 2010

Tool #9

I love Skype. That's pretty much all I have to say about it. I have been using it for the past week to communicate with my mom, aunt and cousin in Guadalajara. Being able to see them several times a week (for free!) still amazes me. I wish my husband had bought his webcam sooner.

I could easily see using Skype in the classroom. I have teacher friends in Mexico who I will try to contact to see if they would be interested in having our students talk to each other. It would be a high tech version of penpals, and we would have the chance to see the lessons they are learning as well.

I will have to think harder about how to use Jing. I could use it to introduce my students to new software without having to keep the attention of an entire group. Just having them watch the video on their own screens will help them learn the programs faster and, hopefully, mean less work for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment